First results of my SEO experiment
Today it is 9 days since I began this SEO experiment and Alexa Rank case study. I have outlined exactly what I have done in the other posts tagged SEO, I now have traffic and my Alexa Rank has dropped significantly. All I have done is follow the simple instructions I found online through Quicksprout and a few other websites and in just over a week I have halved my Alexa number and increased traffic. Neil Patel really has some very helpful advice and I highly recommend signing up for his newsletter.
Alex Rank case study
The results so far go something like this.
January 20th 3:22pm
- The site has nothing on it and is a clean slate.
- I install the Alexa toolbar and check the current ranking, it’s 27,042,111.
- I post three pictures, write some text, and add some external links.
January 21st 9:08am
- Alexa rank jumps to 20,837,270
- Encouraged by such a leap I post a picture (being a bit lazy), and then do some more research.
- I install some plugins, write a blog post following as many of the guidelines from Google and Quicksprout that I can.
- Post some video content
January 29th 3:04pm
- I check my traffic and now I’m not the only person looking at this website. I have managed to get rid of a lot of the bad traffic I was getting, and now have a very small amount of traffic coming in, nothing to get too excited about.
- Alexa rank is now more than halved in 9 days and currently sitting at 13,264,547
This is all very encouraging and has been extremely straight forward to do. While a ranking in the millions is nothing to write about I’m still pretty astounded at how little it took to creep my way down and build a small audience.
If you find any of this helpful please let me know in the comments below.